(Updated July 6, 2020)
I purchased a galaxy (~nem) several years ago and I'm looking to sell some of that address space. I have a number of "stars" available which are bundles of 65,000 urbit ids (planets). Each planet supports 2^32 devices. There are 4 billion urbit ids (planets) in total.
To be fully upfront, the price is $3500 per star. I don't like negotiating, so that's a firm price, unless you might be interested in a bulk discount. It's payable in a major cryptocurrency that we can agree on or by wire transfer.
I will also sell a planet (azimuth point) for $20 (paypal, venmo, crypto, whatever), which basically covers my time to run all of the smart contracts to generate one and send it (you can pick the name from these options: https://urbit.live/~falnem#planets/7). And if you happen to be interested in purchasing a galaxy, I have one for sale and am open to offers.
As an aside, I have every intention of holding onto my galaxy and providing a full suite of services for the stars and planets under my galaxy. I assume this really doesn't become reality for another year or so, but if anybody is interested in working together on something like that send me an email. Please know that such efforts are likely not going to get rolling until 2020.
Contact me at [email protected] to discuss buying urbit stars.
What is Urbit and links:
- Technical description: http://www.urbit.org/primer
- Non-technical description: https://medium.com/vandal-press/urbit-and-the-not-so-dark-future-of-the-internet-400c9b667e2
- Another non technical description: https://medium.com/digital-stimulation/about-urbit-part-1-ownership-1a352973a409
- Podcast discussing Urbit:
- Another discussion of Urbit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LE6SAhUdo
- Common objections to Urbit: https://urbit.org/posts/common-objections-to-urbit/
- Interesting interview with Urbit developers: https://castleisland.libsyn.com/urbit-christian-lingales-and-logan-allen-ep17
- Running Urbit on a Raspberry Pi: https://github.com/botter-nidnul/botter-nidnul.github.io/blob/master/Steps_to_Urbit_on_Raspberry_Pi.md
- Guide to breaching your planet: https://github.com/urbit/docs/blob/master/tutorials/guide-to-breaches.md