(Updated January 9, 2021)
I purchased a galaxy (~nem) several years ago and I'm looking to sell some of that address space. I have a number of "stars" available which are bundles of 65,000 urbit ids (planets). Each planet supports 2^32 devices. There are 4 billion urbit ids (planets) in total.
The price is $4800 per star, firm, unless you might be interested in a bulk discount. It's payable in a major cryptocurrency that we can agree on or by wire transfer or zelle.
I will also sell a planet (azimuth point) for $20 plus gas fee (paypal, venmo, zelle, crypto, whatever), which basically covers my time and cost (thanks defi!) to run all of the smart contracts to generate one and send it (you can pick the name from these options: https://urbit.live/~falnem#planets/7). And if you happen to be interested in purchasing a galaxy, I have one for sale and am open to offers.
As an aside, I have every intention of holding onto my galaxy and providing a full suite of services for the stars and planets under my galaxy. I assume this really doesn't become reality for another year or so, but if anybody is interested in working together on something like that send me an email. Please know that such efforts are likely not going to get rolling until 2021.
Contact me at [email protected] to discuss buying urbit stars.
What is Urbit and links:
- How to install Urbit on a $5/month Linode VPS: https://jeremytunnell.com/2021/01/09/how-to-install-urbit-on-a-linode-vps
- Podcast with Galen (CEO of Tlon): https://open.spotify.com/episode/2gAnC44zYVWfL4ByI2N20I?si=FCNLxIDNRA61pFLA8u8Emw
- Technical description: http://www.urbit.org/primer
- Non-technical description: https://medium.com/vandal-press/urbit-and-the-not-so-dark-future-of-the-internet-400c9b667e2
- Another non technical description: https://medium.com/digital-stimulation/about-urbit-part-1-ownership-1a352973a409
- Podcast discussing Urbit:
- Another discussion of Urbit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LE6SAhUdo
- Common objections to Urbit: https://urbit.org/posts/common-objections-to-urbit/
- Interesting interview with Urbit developers: https://castleisland.libsyn.com/urbit-christian-lingales-and-logan-allen-ep17
- Running Urbit on a Raspberry Pi: https://github.com/botter-nidnul/botter-nidnul.github.io/blob/master/Steps_to_Urbit_on_Raspberry_Pi.md
- Guide to breaching your planet: https://github.com/urbit/docs/blob/master/tutorials/guide-to-breaches.md
- Hosting announcement and a walkthrough of the new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qKe_WZr50
- Urbit developer call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DFuAZQ32Y
- Urbit binaries for Arm64, aarch64: https://botter-nidnul.github.io/AArch64_Urbit_Static_Binaries.html